Charter plane services just sound expensive. Especially if you are trying to get a private airplane charter. Chances are, you’ve never really looked into it before because it just seems like it would cost a fortune to be able to experience something like that. It’s only for rich people, right? That may be what you think but this isn’t always the case. You may be surprised to find that charter plane services can be quite affordable. Even private charter jets don’t have to clear out the bank account. However, price shouldn’t be the only thing that you look into when deciding whether to fly commercial or charter. There are some other things that you should take in consideration before making a final decision. There are pros and cons to charter plane services, as there are with most things. Let’s take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages to charter plane services to help you make an informed and knowledgeable decision regarding your flying and travelling plans.
- Prices- As mentioned, charter flights are very reasonable. They actually can be cheaper than commercial flights. Before deciding on a flight, compare charter planes with commercial airlines and see which would be more beneficial to you in the long run.
- Flexibility- Commercial flights follow a very strict schedule and have rigorous rules and regulations that must be adhered to by the passengers and the airline staff. Charter plane services, however tend to be a little more flexible when it comes to these time frames and rules, leaving room for more options.
- Less Complications- Charter flights are usually a direct flight to the destination and back again. This means that there is less chance for delays and setbacks and the regular hassle that can accompany flying commercially. Especially if you go private, you will be one of the only passengers so you will be catered to.
- No Hidden Fees- Have you ever been looking at commercial flights online and you think that it is one price but by the time you get through the baggage fees, carry on fees, pre boarding options and all the other things that are available, you end up paying an entirely different price? Well, charter flights are all inclusive. There’s no chance of a hidden cost popping up somewhere.
- Crowding- If you are not flying privately, charter planes usually try to fill the planes to the maximum capacity. While there is a chance that you have an empty seat next to you on a commercial flight, chances are that will not be the case on a charter plane.
- Cancellations- If the flight is not filled enough and the charter company feels they will not get their money’s worth they may cancel the flight all together within 10 days of the scheduled departure. Weather can cause cancellations as well as most charter planes are not pressurized.
- Refunds- While the charter company reserves the right to cancel, travelers do not. You may have to pay a fee if you have to cancel your flight. If you miss the plane altogether, you can not just take the next flight like commercial airlines, you will probably just lose your money as well as your flight.
If you decide to fly in a private aircraft charter, the disadvantages are a still fairly similar. There won’t be any crowding of course, but there are still strict refund policies that need to be followed by the traveler and the staff as well as the chance of having your flight cancelled by the company.
If the pros outweigh the cons for you, then flying a charter service can be a very enjoyable experience. Without the chance of a layover and having to navigate a regular airport, the whole travelling process will seem to go much more smoothly and pass by quite quickly. Knowing these things can help you make an informed decision about whether or not to fly charter or go commercial.
Make sure that the decision you make is the one that will benefit you the most. There is really no right or wrong decision to make in this case. As long as you know what you are getting into then you will be able to look back on your decision with no regrets.
Trackback from your site.